UTALK’S WEBSURF: Web analytics, stats and resources for marketers
This week in our websurf we came across Sysomos – an online resource library for social media.
Sysomos is redefining social media analytics by giving corporations, marketers, public relations agencies and advertisers the intelligence and insight needed to make smarter business and strategic decisions.
The site brings business intelligence to social media, providing instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations to quickly see what’s happening, why it’s happening, and who’s driving the conversations.
What caught our eye was this brilliant post on Twitter: An In-Depth Look Inside the Twitter World.
It includes all sorts of facts about the microblogging site such as:
– 72.5% of all users joining during the first five months of 2009
– 85.3% of all Twitter users post less than one update/day
– 21% of users have never posted a Tweet
– 93.6% of users have less than 100 followers, while 92.4% follow less than 100 people
– 5% of Twitter users account for 75% of all activity (see the report on analysis of top-5% users)
– There are more women on Twitter (53%) than men (47%)
– Of the people who identify themselves as marketers, 15% follow more than 2,000 people. This compares with 0.29% of overall Twitter users who follow more than 2,000 people.
Sysomos also has a great blog and really is proving to be a fantastic industry resource.